This is what makes a slice of birthday cake, a wedge of Thanksgiving pie or even a simple banana split on a hot summer night feel extra special and extra memorable. Plus, once you master this recipe, you’re well on your way to inventing your own flavors and making the ice cream of your dreams.
This is a super easy and affordable recipe. You only need 2 ingredients for that.
- 14 ounces (1 can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular), cold
- 2 cups (16oz/450 ml ) of whipping cream, cold
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep it cold
- Beat cold heavy cream on medium in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or use a hand mixer) until stiff peaks form.
- Turn down the speed a little and pour the condensed milk into the whipped cream. (Stir in vanilla extract now if desired).
- Now you have your ice cream base you can add in your desired flavors and fixing. GO NUTS! Experiment and enjoy creating something that is all you.
- Place in a large resalable container and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight before eating.
We want to show you some ways to spice up your basic ice cream as well!
How to flavor your ice cream base:
Strawberry cheesecake Ice Cream:
- Mix 1 cup of cheesecake into 2 cups of ice-cream base and add strawberry puree
Honeycomb Ice Cream:
- Mix ½ cup crushed Honeycomb into 2 cups of ice-cream base link for honeycomb. Don’t add too much as it will make your ice-cream soft.
Cookies and Cream Ice cream:
- Mix ⅔ cup crushed Oreo Cookies into 2 cups of ice-cream base.
Mango Ice cream:
- Swirl ¼ cup mango puree into 2 cups of ice-cream base.
Rainbow Cake Ice Cream:
- Mix 1 cup frosted Rainbow cake into 2 cups of ice-cream base.
Birthday Cake Ice Cream:
- Mix 1 cup frosted Funfetti cake (or cupcake) into 2 cups of ice-cream base.
Enjoy your summer with these incredible ice cream recipes. If you have other ones, comment them down below and don’t forget to share these article with your friends and family.