How to make your nose visually smaller using contouring.
Makeup can do miracles; that is a fact. Contouring your nose can make a wide nose look narrower, a long nose look shorter, or it can make a short nose look taller — it all depends on the technique, which you use. We will show you how to do it properly!
You will need:
- A light concealer (it should be 1-2 shades lighter than your natural skin tone).
- A highlighter.
- A dark concealer (that color should be 1-2 shades darker than your natural skin tone), you can also use a brown blush or eyeshades, as well as matte bronzer or a sculpting powder. Cream products can also be used for that contouring tip, but powder is easier to work with, especially if you are a beginner.
- Remember light colors have highlight features, while dark colors will shade, creating shadow, minimizing, reducing features and creating the illusion of depth.
How to do contouring:
- Start with your normal make up routine.
- After applying your foundation, you will need to highlight the center of your nose with a light concealer. You should start between your eyebrows and apply a line down your nose, stopping before you reach the end.
- Next, add a little dot at the very tip to give your nose a little upturn.
- The most important thing is BLENDING! Use a sponge or your ring finger to soften the stripes.
- Now, use the darker concealer and draw two lines down the sides of your nose. Use an eyeshadow brush to draw the contour lines. They should begin at the brow bone and go all the way to the end of your nose. Make sure to keep the lines light at first – it’s easier to add more darkness step by step than having to remove it.
Tip: You can also use a pencil or a Q-tip as a small ruler.
- Add subtle shade to the tip of your nose. This will prevent your nose from looking too long.
- Now buff the lines out with your fingers or a make-up blender (they must not look too harsh).
- As a finish, apply some highlighting powder, that’s all.
Share this article with your friends and family and leave a comment down below.